Click here for a printable version of our National Washout Procedure.
Our National Washout Procedure for Box & Reefer Trailers/Trucks
- Every washout will receive a thorough washing of all inside walls, floor, and doors with warm, high-pressure, soapy water. Our water temperature is 90 to 110 degrees and our pressure is 1,000 to 1,500 PSI. Our soap is warranted by the manufacturer as safe for the food service industry. From a distance of 6-12 inches, we use overlapping strokes and sections to ensure no areas are missed. In the rare event that we are unable to provide warm water, we can provide a cold water discount of $8.00, which is disclosed on your receipt.
- Every washout will receive a thorough rinsing of the inside walls, floor, and doors with clean, high-pressure (600 to 900 PSI) rinse water. From a distance of 12-24 inches, we use overlapping strokes and sections to ensure no areas are missed.
- We will leave the walls unwashed and unrinsed only if the driver either asks us not to wash them or otherwise confirms that the walls should be left alone. The walls cannot be kept completely dry while performing a washout as some water will splash up from the floor.
- We receive few requests to wash and rinse the ceilings of washouts and do charge extra for ceilings. If you do not have the “Washout Ceiling” service listed on your ticket, you should assume the ceiling was not washed or rinsed. Ceilings with air curtains cannot be cleaned as thoroughly as the rest of the trailer due to their flimsy nature, pooling of water, and obstruction of portions of the ceiling.
- We understand and welcome the need for drivers to inspect our work. Prior to the start of the washout, please let us know if you want to inspect it upon completion. We will summon you to inspect it prior to closing the trailer doors. If we forget to remind you or you forgot to let us know, don’t worry, we’ll be glad to reopen the trailer for your inspection.
Note: While Blue Beacon offers a high quality washout, we do not guarantee sanitization or
complete removal of residue from previous loads.
We can perform washouts on only a small number of non-reefer, non-box trailers and trucks. These other vehicles are often very challenging due to their odd construction and difficult access. Procedures will vary in these situations, and some residue from previous loads can remain after the washout.
We thank you for using Blue Beacon for your washout needs.